Join Our Team of Freelance Curriculum Designers, Writers and Reviewers!
Since 1976 Ballard & Tighe has provided high-quality English language development curricula and assessments to preK–12 educators. In 2020, we began development of our first supplemental science program. We are looking for part-time, freelance content writers and teacher reviewers to help us continue to provide engaging, evidence-based, and standards-aligned curricula that help all students realize their full potential.
If you have experience in English language development (English learners) and/or science, as outlined below, and are interested in joining our team, please submit your application.
Compensation is based on experience and expertise.
- Experience designing and writing standards-based ELD curriculum for K–5, 6–8, and/or 9–12 for all proficiency levels
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of WIDA, ELPA21, and other state ELD standards
- Working knowledge of CCSS and Next Generation Science standards
- Curriculum writing experience should incorporate and show content-area integration and scaffolding
- Experience designing and writing standards-based science curriculum for grades 4–5, 6–8, and/or 9–12
- Particular emphasis on climate change, environmental science and environmental literacy
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of Next Generation Science standards
- Working knowledge of WIDA, ELPA21, and other state ELD standards
- Curriculum writing experience should show understanding of the needs of English learners and incorporate scaffolds and support
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback on lesson plans and content for ELD and/or science.
- Classroom teaching experience is required
- Working knowledge of related standards
Note: We are not looking for full-time team members. The work involves periodic, time-based writing assignments.